What’ll it be? The lager’s off, I’m afraid.
This blog is named “Green” both because it’s my name and because most of my work has been in advocacy and politics on environmental issues. At various times, I’ve served as a campaign consultant, a policy advocate, a media and messaging strategist, a nonprofit executive, and an organizational development and fundraising consultant. Details about all that are on my professional website, greenfutureconsulting.info.
The “Dragon” part is because I’m passionate. Both our nation and humanity at large confront unprecedented challenges, and I care about the outcomes. So I talk here about my perspective on the issues of the day, both on a national scale and in my back yard, which is Sonoma County, California. And because I’m a person with broad interests, sometimes I wander off into cultural observation, reviews, new discoveries and general reflections on life.
I enjoy a good debate. You’ll see that if you stick around. My goal is to test my ideas and see whether they hold up. I don’t care about “winning” so much as about having an accurate understanding of the topic I’m discussing. If I don’t, and you can show me how my thinking should evolve, you’ll have done me a great service.
Combined, The Green Dragon is a common name among English and colonial pubs: gathering places where philosophies evolved and revolutions were hatched. So this one is a comfortable but lively watering hole for the mind.
As this last implies, I’m a retrophile. I’m interested in how people lived in other times, in history and archaeology. In a non-professional capacity I am a living history and costumed theme event producer and performer (::cough geek cough::), an early musician, and a writer.
In other dank and disreputable corners of the Internet, I can be found on Twitter @MarkGreenFuture, and can be followed on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.green.5264. My Tumblr, Anachronomicon, is devoted to retrophilia: the love of the ambience and history of bygone eras.
Thanks for dropping by! I hope you’ll stick around and join the conversation. Mind the bitter…it’ll sneak up on you.
The House Rules
Comments are welcomed and encouraged. Here are the ground rules:
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.
- Comments expressing bigotry on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, or sexual orientation will be deleted.
- Comments that attack a person individually will be deleted.
- I am not offended by the occasional usage of “bad words” except insofar as they express bigotry. If you are, you may not belong here. That said, English is a big language. There are a lot of ways to say things. Maybe the first one that comes to mind isn’t the best.
- Commenting will typically close a few days after posting. In my experience, prolonged blog threads usually just lead in circles.
I reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.
I intend no copyright infringement by the posting of pictures, videos, etc. on this blog. I do not in any way claim the rights of ownership to any of them. They remain the property of their respective owners. I have posted them purely for entertainment purposes only. If you own something you see here and would like it taken down, contact me and I will do so. All written content, unless otherwise noted as being quotes, has been written and copyrighted by me.
Violators may be folded, spindled or mutilated. Does not include taxes or fees.
Serving suggestion only. Must be at least this tall to go on this ride.